Monday, May 26, 2008

A Higher Plane: Mountain Dreamer

A higher plane By David Shriver

There is a dimension (not the twilight zone) Where we as humans are elevated beyond our normal selves. Napolian Hill called it "a higher Plane"
I have been there, when your hot your hot, you are also on a higher level of consciousness, or on a higher plane.
You have heard of the guy who picks the car up to free someone trapped, and the woman who runs for help at Olympic record speed. Feats that under normal circumstances would have been impossible.
If someone could remain on that plane of thought for any extended period of time, the things you could do. There are certain things that trigger this higher consciousness. Fear,anger,and love. Love being I believe the strongest.
I took some time off one summer and decided that I wanted to learn how to sell cars.
I got a job at A Ford dealership and along with four other newbees we were trained. I was muddling along not having a very good close, ratio ,I really had Issues with the arrogant,rude,condescending asst. sales manager, to the point where one morning I walked in with the attitude that this wasn't a Job this was a joke. I had decided the first degrading remark out of the asst. sales managers mouth I was going to knock him into next week, pick up my things and go home. A funny thing happened, Since I completely lost all caring I also lost all nervousness. The first people that came in I went up and talked to them as if I had known them all my life. They bought. The next the same until at the end of the day the asst. manager had all the sales people standing at the windows watching me." do my majic"He started using me as a training tool for the others. I was on a higher plane of thought.
In Real Estate, The pure satisfaction of knowing you are helping people, along with a pureness of heart, can lift you up into a higher plane. Find someone that you can establish as a kindred spirit, where your mind and theirs work together as one . This is real power.
I was on a social site and received the following quote, and was asked if it inspired me .
This is what lifts us up.


It doesn't interest me what you do for a living. I want to know what you ache for, and if you dare to dream of meeting your heart's longing.

It doesn't interest me how old you are. I want to know if you will risk looking like a fool for love, for your dream, for the adventure of being alive.

It doesn't interest me what planets are squaring your moon. I want to know if you have touched the center of your own sorrow, if you have been opened by life's betrayals or have become shriveled and closed from fear of further pain! I want to know if you can sit with pain, mine or your own, without moving to hide it or fade it, or fix it.

I want to know if you can be with joy, mine or your own, if you can dance with wildness and let the ecstasy fill you to the tips of your fingers and toes without cautioning us to be careful, to be realistic, to remember the limitations of being human.

It doesn't interest me if the story you are telling me is true. I want to know if you can disappoint another to be true to yourself; if you can bear the accusation of betrayal and not betray your own soul; if you can be faithless and therefore trustworthy.

I want to know if you can see beauty even when it's not pretty, every day, and if you can source your own life from its presence.

I want to know if you can live with failure, yours and mine, and still stand on the edge of the lake and shout to the silver of the full moon, "Yes!"

It doesn't interest me to know where you live or how much money you have. I want to know if you can get up, after the night of grief and despair, weary and bruised to the bone, and do what needs to be done to feed the children.

It doesn't interest me who you know or how you came to be here. I want to know if you will stand in the center of the fire with me and not shrink back.

It doesn't interest me where or what or with whom you have studied. I want to know what sustains you, from the inside, when all else falls away.

I want to know if you can be alone with yourself and if you truly like the company you keep in the empty moments.

by
Oriah Mountain Dreamer

No comments: